Sunday, 11 January 2015

FOTD: 11/01/2015

So today was just a chill out day. Will and I wandered into town for a bit and got a coffee so there was no need for full make up really. However, one of my New Years resolutions was to be more inventive with my make up, and to well, basically make more of an effort with it. I have an extensive make up collection which I'm constantly adding too, and I just need to use it more! This look is mostly using products which I bought when I was in Japan! I have to say, I am absolutely in love with the quality of Japanese make up, there are definitely quite a few gems to be found in their pharmacy stores! Next time I visit I shall definitely have a larger budget for make up. I will try and include links- however I bought a lot of these in Japan so I wasn't able to find all of them online and those that I did I'm not sure if you will be able to purchase in the UK!

Products used in this look:

Canmake Nobimori mascara: this mascara has a rather strange small brush but it is perfect for lengthening lower lashes and top ones too, if you wish!
Canmake Gokubuto mascara:  Best Mascara ever! I love the brush and it lasts for ages- I don't think it advertises itself as waterproof but it definitely is.
Shiseido Integrate Gracy purple eyeshadow palette: This palette comes with a very faint purple and a dark purple, which is such a soft powder and has great staying power!
KATE Tokyo lasting brow pencil: this product I absolutely LOVE! It has a pencil one end then a powder the other which is lighter than the pencil side, you just line with the pencil, fill in with the powder and then just even out with a brush if needed. Easy!
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant bright transformer: This goes great by itself or under foundation, gives a nice dewy look while evening out my skin tone- I haven't seen this product in the UK so I snapped it up when in Tokyo and I love it.
K-Palette 24 hour tattoo pencil eyeliner: It definitely does have 24 hours staying power and can be at times annoying to remove, however it's great for lining the waterline with and it doesn't leak.
The following products were not bought in Japan:
Illamasqua cream foundation in 133: Not a foundation I use often but you can check out my full review here
Barry M white eye-liner pencil: Perfect for highlighting areas of the eye,I seem to be using it in the majority of my eye make up looks at the moment. It just makes the eye look brighter and wider.
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo concealer: I bought this in Sephora when in Las Vegas and it's still going strong, it's my absolute favourite concealer!
Mac Mineralise Blush in Dainty: My day to day blush for the winter at the moment, it lasts well I love the colour.
Mooreish Lip Balm in Pink: My lips at the moment are hating this weather so I can't wear much on them, so this lip balm is perfect, it's all natural and adds a lovely pink shine to my lips. It seems to be the only balm my lips like at the moment.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I have quite a few more Japanese products to try and review. Have you guys ever had any experience with Japanese make up? Do you have any favourite brands?

Rachel x




No comments:

Post a Comment