Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Illamasqua: Cream Foundation in shade 133

So this was one of my Illamasqua sale purchases. I have never tried a cream base foundation before so when I saw it at £7.50, I thought it was time to try it out. I got it in shade 133, which is 4th shade in from the lightest, I usually go for really pale, but the summer sun, sadly, tans me, so I went for a slightly darker shade. Also when I wore their skin base foundation in 02, one up from pure white, people kept thinking I was ill, but I really do love the deathly pale look! So I went for this slightly dark shade, which the website describes as "For light skin with neutral undertones". I really do like the colour and feel that it matches my skin tone well.


So having never used a cream foundation before I wasn't too sure what to expect. But as usual the packaging is beautiful, I love the simple black and the shape of the case, there is even sponge provided.

The consistency is quite thick, and from this I would say it is definitely a winter foundation, a bit to heavy for the summer. I applied it to my face with the sponge using Illamasqua's Hydra Veil as my base (amazing product) and then blended it with my Techniques buffing brush which left a really nice finish. Finishing it off with Mac's Prep and Prime translucent powder to set it. I loved applying the cream foundation, the sponge however didn't leave the best finish hence why I had to use the buffing brush.


This is the foundation on my face (excuse the messy wet hair and I grew my eyebrows back!), it gives a lot of coverage, and it is easy to build up more if you're having a really bad skin day. But it has a nice smooth finish and I think I was lucky with the tone as it matches me quite well. It's always difficult with buying online, you never know what the real shade it, but Illamasqua's pictures online are quite accurate! It also has a lot of staying power.













And for this is my final look for that day. Messy shower hair once again.



And the other products I used:




  • Mac Prep and Prime: Vibrancy eye primer
  • Kat Von D: lock-it tattoo concealer
  • Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes mascara
  • Rimmel: Exaggerate Eyeliner
  • MUA: Pro-Brow
  • Kat Von D: Everlasting Blusher in Love Song
Overall, I really love this foundation, but it hasn't quite knocked my Mac foundation off my daily routine, but I would definitely use this for travelling as it is light and compact, and like I said before I found it too heavy for the summers day I wore it on, so it is definitely something I will be using for this winter. I'm glad I tried this product and once again Illamasqua never fails to impress me.

1 comment:

  1. I also picked up this foundation in their sale I haven't quite tried it out yet but I'm glad it works well for you. I like to use cream foundation because they mix well with moisturiser for a perfect tinted moisturiser. What MAC foundation do you use? My faves for them has to be Pro Long Wear and Face & Body.

    ReplyDelete