Thursday, 3 May 2012

Another London post.

I have been slacking with the blogging, and  I went to London like two weeks ago, so this post is slightly late- but never mind. This time I had money so I had a mini shopping spree ^__^
The weather was crap, it just kept raining, and Craig and I got a bit wet, also my train was delayed but meant I could read some comics on the train and I wasn't too late, so not that bad, even though at the time I was really annoyed, however was glad to be on a warm train when it was pelting down with rain outside.
Didn't have bubble tea either :( mainly because I didn't want to walk about in the rain hunting out something which I had no idea of it's location so that can be found on a sunny day!
So first shop we went to was Forbidden Planet, it actually had a queue of people outside waiting for it to open (which Craig and I then joined) I bought a few comics/ graphic novels, think I ended up spending about £40... whoops, but all worth it for my newly acquired comic fascination. I got the first True Blood (I love the books and the TV show, new series in June woo!), The Walking Dead, the first one and Wolverine- Flies to a Spider. The Spider-Man one and Wolverine Weapon X are loans from Craig.
We also went to Selfridge's went and looked around the Illamasqua stand, well I did, Craig went off elsewhere, the stand was so pretty, but really expensive though so didn't get anything. I am going to have to save up quite a bit before I go on a proper Illamasqua spree D: I then moved onto the M.A.C. stand and had a look about there, it was near impossible to actually look at the stuff you wanted to because it was so busy, I pretty much gave up on it, I then told Craig to find me by M.A.C. to which he replied "yeah because I know what that is..." Bless. But also makes it apparent that he doesn't listen when I talk make-up.. Understandable haha. 

Then went to the food hall in Selfridge's I bought a lot of random crap haha:
  •  Nerds are just a staple in my diet really, they are so good. 
  • Milk Duds, are so simple yet taste like heaven, probably due to all the crap they put in there that isn't allowed in the UK haha, ahh well. My friends loved them, and three of us managed to pretty much eat a whole packet of them in like half an hour, they're are addictive.
  • Hershey's cookies and creme bar, I hate Hershey's chocolate, taste disgusting, however this seems to be an exception, I also like the kisses version of this flavour, any other type of Hershey's just makes my stomach turn. 
  • Razzles are so weird, they're like those love heart sweets but then they turn into gum, taste nice though. And Reese's white chocolate peanut buttercups are miles better than the original, but get sickly quickly. 
  • Jelly Belly  strawberry soda is the best drink ever, I think it is quite new, and comes in quite a few flavours, and is a little pricey but totally worth it.
That is pretty much all I bought, I did get Craig and I a pizza and our usual Starbucks. So yeah another great London trip despite  the awful weather, which is still awful, lets hope it cheers up for my next trip.
What are your favourite American sweets? Any suggestions of comics I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment