Wednesday, 4 April 2012

One of my favourite artists: Scroobius Pip

Source: Scroobius Pip Facebook Fan Page
An amazingly talented man, his music genre (spoken word hip hop) is not what I am usually into, but it's the content of his lyrics that matter to me.  You ventures into a world within his mind which highlights many truths that relate to everyday life. Mainly things I complete agree with, which is probably why I am so in love with him  his music, haha. His songs also have so much depth and many layers to them and definitely never get boring. He talks about things most people don't want to talk about and his music expresses what I am feeling most of the time. When I am going places I usually stick Scroobius Pip on, on my iPhone, and I either find myself talking along with him (slightly embarrassing in public, yet can't be helped!) or just giggling and smiling to some of the stuff he says.
It's my bed time music at the moment as I find his voice so calming , his accent, his tone- it's comforting and just makes me feel better about things when I am in a rubbish mood.
He is still quite underground- and probably will be for a while, he deserves more recognition though. Plus he is pretty damn hilarious. I would give anything to see him live, to meet him, to talk to him about stuff. *sigh*

A few of my favourite songs by him are "Introdiction":

And "The Struggle":


Also "Thou Shalt Always Kill"- Scroobious Pip Vs Dan Le Sac:



Check out his music- it is all on iTunes. There are the albums "Angles" and "The Logic of Chance"- Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip and "Distraction Pieces", a solo album which has some pretty cool collaborations on it. Also if you have Twitter follow him on there: clicky clicky. His tweets always make my day- he's a funny fucker! He's one of my favourite artists at the moment.

Finally, thanks to Craig for introducing me to this wonderful man! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment