Saturday, 14 April 2012

Illamasqua foundation

So the other day I decided to go on a shopping spree on-line and this is what I got from Illamasqua. Delivery was quick and quite cheap which is always good!

I bought their Skin Base foundation in 02, which is £25 and a S.O.P.H.I.E. charity wrist band (£2.00) also on the day I ordered there was a 15% discount on everything, it was some special Easter deal, so I saved around £4 :D


I was worried the bottle may be glass, but it is plastic and has a nozzle on the
end which makes it super easy to get out the bottle!

It's very light and has pink undertones, perfect for me
to achieve a natural pale look
The Illamasqua Skin Base foundation I bought because I read somewhere that it is for those with a more pink skin tone that a more olivey one, therefore it is a light pinky colour, rather than slightly orangey like most foundations.  And I must say after using it for work yesterday, I absolutely love this product. It also smells great, like The Body Shop Cocoa body butter.It glided across my face nicely however when I had first put it on my face it did looked a bit thick and slightly cakey, but after blotting it with a sponge and putting on finishing powder, I couldn't feel it on may face and it looked as though I wasn't wearing any make up, which is how a good foundation should be! I would highly suggest this brand of foundation, and it comes in quite a few colours, so you are most probably going to find one that matches your tone. It also hasn't dried out my skin at all, another bonus. I think it is completely worth the money, although quite a few people think I spent too much on this, but you get what you pay for!
I will post a full face picture up of it at another point, I am currently having a lazy day and can't be bothered with eyebrows and there are no pictures of me looking like an alien going on the internet :P (I think I also scared the postman this morning with lack of eyebrows haha)


Stamp Out Prejudice, Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
(£2.00, all money goes to the charity)
I also got a S.O.P.H.I.E wrist band, I did have one before, but I left it at an ex boyfriends and never got it back, so thought I should re-purchase one as I completely agree with the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. While the story behind the charity and what happened to Sophie is really sad, it is nice to see her family and boyfriend trying to turn their tragic situation into something positive and helping to change the world, while that is impossible, every little helps and raising awareness about Sophie's death may help prevent others having the same fate. I hold this charity very close to my heart, and think it's great that Illamasqua are helping the cause. Click here to read more into what happened and more about the charity itself.

Do you own any Illamasqua products? Do you want any? What Illamasqua products do you think I should purchase next?

I also have a tiny M.A.C. haul and I will do a post of that soon. Hope you guys have a great day/evening :)

2 comments:

  1. great you like that foundation so far!!
    arent the faces of shocked-by-no-eyebrowed-people people awesome? lol! now please show us your mac purchase? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the shocked faces are amusing, most of the time it's them trying to work out why you don't look normal haha.
      I posted the MAC post (finally!) yesterday :)

      Delete